Monday, June 17, 2013

DIY ♡ - Heat Protectant Spray with SPF for your Hair

Hi everyone :)!
This post is a little bit different. It's my first DIY post :).

Here are the ingredients you'll need!

-spray bottle (I used an empty TRESemme bottle)
-sunscreen (I used Ombrelle's Water Resistent Lotion with SPF 45)
-heat protectant spray
-your favorite conditioner (mine is Shiseido Moist Hair Pack Daily Treatment Conditioner)
-essential oils (ex. vitamin E oil, tea tree, lavender)
-water

This is what I used!
I only have Lavender oil and Tea Tree oil (I use these for my "no-poo" method too)
Lavender oil --> good for normal, dry hair and hair growth
Tea tree oil --> helps with dandruff, cleaner sculp
STEPS!

1) Fill your spray bottle with a bit of water (just so the other ingredients don't stick to the bottom)

2) Fill 1/3 of the spray bottle with sunscreen
3) Add 3-4 pumps of conditioner (as leave-in conditioner)
4) Add a few drops (3-5) of each essential oil
5) Spray your heat protectant spray into the bottle (I do like 5 squirts)
6) Fill the rest of the bottle with water :p, make sure to leave some space so everything can mix when you shake it!

Note: make sure you SHAKE before each use! You can use this on damp or dry hair :).

Also, different essential oils are good for different types of hair (normal, dry, oily) and are good for different things (do your research) Maybe I'll post about essential oils another time ^^

This isn't supposed to replace your regular heat protectant spray but there's SPF from the sunscreen and conditioner which protects your hair from the sun and acts as a leave-in conditioner.

I use this on dry hair before I go outside everyday. If you use a large spray bottle, it really lasts a long time :)

Let me know if any one of you are going to give this a try! <3
Thank you for reading my blog~



No comments:

Post a Comment